Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Let the team decide

My journey is not yet over. In the beginning, I committed to stay for two to three sprints (i.e. 2-3 months). The first two sprints are almost over and now the question is how to make this decision: to stay or not to stay? Well, I decided to let the team decide (and the APO). In the end those are the ones who might be affected by my doings the most (besides some potentially insulated and/or annoyed managers).
So simple rules: team consists of eight people and the APO makes nine votes. I went for a clear majority (about 80%) which means I required seven yes-answers in order to stay for one more sprint. The person could vote also no, or anything in between which did not make any difference – only yes counts.
In the end, I got eight out of eight yes-answers, as one person was not able to come at this time. Which means there are more posts to come in the future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment